The Affordable Care Act has provided a valuable opportunity for women to find quality, affordable health insurance. Women are trusted messengers to get the word out among their friends, families, and communities, and women-focused organizations can play an important role in sharing information about enrollment. Here are ways your organization can get involved:
- Organize Events. Collaborate with other organizations and community leaders to host women-focused events around health coverage education and enrollment. Examples include phone banks and outreach events.
- Encourage your network to volunteer. Encourage your staff or members to sign up to volunteer at any number of our events across the country.
- Consider joining — and having members join — the Communicators Program. Enroll America’s Communicators Program provides a framework for effectively sharing the “Get Covered, Stay Covered” message with the wider public.
- Use our tools. Enroll America has developed a number of embeddable tools, including the Get Covered Calculator and the Get Covered Connector. Add them to your site so that visitors can quickly and easily set up enrollment appointments or learn what financial assistance they could qualify for.
Below are additional resources your organization can share with members to provide information about how women can benefit from the Affordable Care Act:
- Social Media Graphics
- Enroll America’s Get Covered America campaign has developed a number of online graphics you can easily share with your networks.
- Fact Sheets