While great progress has been made, millions of Americans who could benefit from the ACA’s health coverage opportunities remain uninsured.
Enroll America has developed recommendations for the next presidential administration to preserve the gains made in health coverage since the Affordable Care Act was enacted and continue the momentum to reach the remaining uninsured. The five recommendations are focused on the specific steps the next administration should take to control costs and ease enrollment for consumers.
- Invest in an aggressive outreach effort to reach the remaining uninsured.
- Make in-person enrollment assistance available to every American.
- Ensure consumers have affordable choices on the marketplace.
- Double down on data transparency.
- Operate a state of the art, accessible enrollment system via HealthCare.gov by OE5.