We are excited to announce the launch of the new Get Covered Champion Communicators program! Through the Champion Communicators, organizations can work with Enroll America – for free – to design their own media plan, set goals, and track their program’s progress. Organizations will get access to hands-on support from Enroll America’s communications experts, tools for building press lists and tracking reach, and proprietary resources, which includes communications templates and other best practices for every aspect of your communications program. The Champion Communicators is designed to help our partners get the help they need to reach their community using one of the most effective tools available: the media.
The Get Covered Communicators Program is for anyone who plans to share the “Get Covered, Stay Covered” message with the public. We know consumers are hungry for the facts, and we are excited to provide as much clear and helpful information as possible. See below for helpful resources, and check back for updates!
Sign up here for the Communicators program. Receive invites to monthly best practice calls and the weekly messaging email updates.
Download the latest Communicators Guide (updated October 2015)! See Messaging Resources for a pocket sized edition.
- Communicators Program Intro
We know consumers are busy and hear from a lot of different sources of information throughout the day. Our goal is to cut through the clutter and give consumers the facts about their new health insurance options.
Communicating the importance of getting covered through the media proved to be effective during the first open enrollment period. In fact, according to our national survey, news was the top source of information for people on enrollment options.
Through this program, we are hoping to provide trusted partners like you with messaging resources and earned media best practices in reaching consumers effectively through press or in your own communications channels (websites, social media, newsletters, etc).
Participation in the program includes:
- Monthly messaging calls and weekly email updates to keep communicators current on talking points relating to enrollment opportunities, challenges, and key dates ahead.
- Opportunities for collaboration to earn press coverage for our combined efforts
- Shared best practices to earn media coverage around your own enrollment work and creative content ideas for promoting enrollment through your own consumer-facing channels (e.g. email updates, website, blogs, newsletters, and social media).
- Communicators Boot Camp
- With the third open enrollment period right around the corner, we’re holding our Get Covered Communicators Boot Camp! Over three webinars, you can hear from experts and communications professionals about what messages consumers need to hear about the Affordable Care Act and learn how to work with the media in your community. You can follow these links to sign up for the webinars and see the slides from past presentations:
- Messaging Resources
Use these resources to help you simplify and tailor your message locally.
- Download the latest Communicator’s Guide
- Download the Spanish language Communicator’s Guide
- Download a pocket Communicator’s Guide for organizers
- Check out our infographic for consumers who are renewing their coverage
- Share info with your social media networks
- Check out and share state-by-state numbers
- See where consumers #GotCovered! MAP: County by county enrollment estimates from OE1
- Ready for OE2? Read our blog: How to Use Earned Media to Reach Consumers During Open Enrollment
- New Resource! MAP: Changes In Uninsured Rates By County
If you use the #GotCovered tag, Get Covered America will highlight your post on our feed so staff and partners can help spotlight your great work.