Strategy: To reach the uninsured in an environment that they know and trust and where they are primed to think about health care.
When it was used: Month of September 2013
- 107 events in 10 states throughout September
- Spoke to over 900 self-identified uninsured consumers about their health insurance options
- Made more than 10,000 contact/touches with consumers
The mission of CVS/pharmacy, America’s leading retail pharmacy, is to help their consumers along their path to better health. CVS/pharmacy demonstrates its commitment to that responsibility through initiatives such as the Project Health events.
At Project Health events, attendees receive free health screenings – blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), glucose, and total cholesterol. In partnership with Enroll America, consumers were also able to receive in-person information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) from Get Covered America staff and volunteers.
Approaching the October 1 beginning of open enrollment, the timing of these partnership events with CVS/pharmacy was crucial. Through 107 events held in 10 states during September, Enroll America was able to reach thousands of consumers, which included over 900 self-identified uninsured consumers.
Best practices to replicate:
- Staff and volunteers should be in communication with the Project Health event manager at the events.
- Spanish-speaking staff/volunteers and Spanish-language literature are necessities for certain locations.
- Staff and volunteers should arrive 30 minutes prior to the event to set up the table.
For more ideas on how to take your outreach and enrollment efforts to the next level in the coming months, register today for our national conference, State of Enrollment: Getting America Covered, in Washington, D.C., June 16-18.